cadillac-financial|us|en|resources|faq|how-to-use-1099c en_us en-us
Back to top

What is a Form 1099-C used for and how do I handle it?

A Form 1099-C is sent to a customer when a debt of $600 or more is canceled.

The IRS may consider the debt or portions of the forgiven debt as income leading to a one-time tax charge. A tax adviser or the IRS can assist you on what to do with the form.

If you want to pay any portion of the amount reported on the Form 1099-C, please contact our Concierge team

/content/cadillac-financial/en_us/search-results.html /content/cadillac-financial/en_us/resources/faq/how-to-use-1099c/jcr:content true /en-us/resources/lease-end/get-going.html /en-us/resources/lease-end/get-inspected.html /en-us/resources/lease-end/get-started.html /en-us/resources/lease-end.html